satellite cable

Hi,

I am installing sky+ and need to run the coax cable from one end of the house to the other (probably about 80 feet).

I believe that there are two types of cable - FT100 and FT125.

Is there any advantage in using the FT125? The suppliers I have spoken to say FT100 will be fine (but they didnt have FT125 in stock!)

Reply to
news.btinternet.com

on 31/12/2005, news.btinternet.com supposed :

FT100 would be adequate, but FT125 is better as in lower losses. Lower loss would mean a stronger signal into your receiver and slightly less drop out.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In message , news.btinternet.com wrote

It may be worth asking this question in the uk.tech.digital-tv newsgroup where a few satellite/aerial installer regularly post.

The key part of your post is the 80feet length where the CT/FT125 may be better suited.

The F in the name may indicate a foam dielectric which is better for tortuous routes where the cable may become crushed or sharply bent.

Reply to
Alan

Be sure to get the correct size connectors for the cable you choose. The FT125 is larger diam so requires connectors with larger hole inside but which otherwise look the same.

Roger

Reply to
Roger

Coax should NOT be crushed or bent sharply. If it is, your installing it wrong !!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton