sash window cill railings

Hi all, PLEASE HELP, I have searching for months to try and find the cage like railings that fit around the concrete sash window cills and stop the window boxes from falling off. Has any one got any idea where i can buy them. I have pictures of the sort of thing i am looking for if needed.

Many thanks. gary.

Reply to
block pave jetting

There are companies which make up railings, and would probably custom make them for you. If you said what part of the country, someone might suggest a company. There used to be such a company at the other end of my road, and a number of the residents in the street have used them to make up iron railings which all look very smart. It's on my list of things to do too, but not currently near the top.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Find a local welder/fabricator who will make them for you.

Reply to
Rob Morley

hi and thanks for your reply. i had a quote of 736.00 plus vat for two but that amount is crazy. i saw two in eton and asked the old lady but she not remember where she got them from, (bless her she was 93). i thought i could buy them from a shop but have searched for months. dont really know what there called as i have tried searching, window crestings, troughs, hayracks, etc. gary in guildford, surrey.

Reply to
block pave jetting

hi and thanks for your reply. i had a quote of 736.00 plus vat for two but that amount is crazy. i saw two in eton and asked the old lady but she not remember where she got them from, (bless her she was 93). i thought i could buy them from a shop but have searched for months. dont really know what there called as i have tried searching, window crestings, troughs, hayracks, etc. gary in guildford, surrey.

Reply to
block pave jetting

Where was that price from?

I thought they were called window-box cages, but a Google for that only gives a few American results.

Reply to
Rob Morley

In message , block pave jetting writes

Who from, sounds like an awful lot, try someone else.

Reply to
chris French

the price was from a forger\blacksmiths

Reply to
block pave jetting

i tried another guy and he said about 350.00 each, helppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Reply to
block pave jetting

i have tried google.co.uk and they not there either, also telephone heritage people, national trust and they not even know.

Reply to
block pave jetting

Try a welder instead - it won't be as "hand crafted" and it won't be real wrought iron, but it should be a lot cheaper - you'll probably have to supply drawings though.

Reply to
Rob Morley