Saracen uPCV window lock broken - how to remove

Went to open bathroom (top) window yesterday. Jammed ! After a bit of fiddling realised it was one side which was sticking, and managed to "shake" the window free. On inspection I noticed that when the handle turns, it engages a metal plate at the bottom centre of the window, and two shootbolts either side. It's the laft shoot bolt which is not retracting with the handle.

Removing a few obvious screws, I can see the connection into the handle is broken.

How the **** do I remove the lock to repair/replace ?. I spent over an hour yesterday trying, before I thought it better to ask than carry on and break something ...

Anyone any tips ?

Reply to
Jethro

push the broken shootbolt into the opener and just leave it there?

JimK

Reply to
JimK

I've done that already (it can be screwed to adjust it, so I have shortened it so it can't engage). However I was hoping for tips on how to remove the bugger ...

Reply to
Jethro