sapele doors

Hi I have a couple of sapele doors in my house and they are looking a bit the worse for wear, faded from the sun and whitish marks on them from previous polishing attempts. Tried to clean them using white spirit but made no difference. Can anything be done with them or should I just bite the bullet and buy new doors?

Ron

Reply to
ron

I've no idea about restoring the finish, but theres always stain and paint options.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You'll certainly be going with the consumer flow if you chuck the old doors because the surface has deteriorated. What about a light sanding and a reapplication of the finish, with or without stain as required?

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Hire a skip

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Quite. Ghastly are they not? I wonder how many hundreds of square miles were milled to produce them.

How about a nice coat of brown paint, or a couple of sheets of hardboard?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

They do bleach quite nicely if you can get back to the bare wood.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

You could get some sqaures to stick on and turn them into faux 4 panel doors,then paint them ?? also new handles to suit.

tarquinlinbin