SANYO TV 4:3

Hello I've just taken receipt of a new Sanyo 25" TV and it doesn't work. The standby light comes on and nothing else happens.

Any help would be appreciated as I am unable to contact somebody official before tomorrow

Reply to
Newberry

Try pressing one of the channel buttons for a while? Does the standby light flash if you do this? Some take a goodly time to come out of standby

- my Panasonic requires a press of several seconds to do so.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for replying Dave, but nothing happens.

When I press the power button a red light comes, quite dim at first then becomes brighter after a second. I believe this means the set has gone into standby.

The manual says a welcome screen should be displayed on first power up, but the set doesn't appear to working.

Reply to
Newberry

Did you press the channel button on the remote or the set? - if remote, try the set buttons or change the remote batteries.

Dave

Reply to
logized

Might be a Dew protection cut out. Perhaps a few hours more to lose any condensation inside.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

On a TV?