santa on the roof and part P

Santa, sledge and reindeer are all over the place this year - flying over roofs, climbing up walls: you name it.

Lots of these look to be pretty firmly fixed 'garden' electrical installations.

So will they be legal next year? That is, without a building notice or installation by a paid up part P sparky.

Ok, so most are on a 13A plug, but does that affect the issue? My reading of Part P is that it is the nature of the installation (ie whether it is fixed/screwed/bolted/nailed/clamped/glued to the building or garden grounds) that matters, not its manner of connection to the elec supply.

Reply to
jim_in_sussex

I do bloody hope not!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

It can be read that way but isn't the intention. Otherwise too much would be brought into the scope of it. Everytime you bought a built in fridge for example.

Reply to
Mike

You can live in hope I suppose ;-)

I expect the santa counts as an "appliance" in this case. Unless the lighting setup is so vast it is hard wired into dedicated ways on a consumer unit that is!

Reply to
John Rumm