Saniflo Problems

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice and info on the wonder that is my Saniflo Unit. I've got a Saniplus masticator, to which is connected a loo, bath and sink. It's knocking on a bit,(maybe

10 years) but I've always been really careful with it and what goes down it etc. Unfortunately though, the pump now won't stop for some reason and the unit is grinding away and does not automatically shut off when it has emptied. (I keep having to switch it on and off at the mains.) Does it sound like I need a new one? ... I have heard they are really expensive (a couple of grand?) And also, has anyone had any experience with 'Saniflo Ltd. Registered Service Engineers'? (Are they 'honest johns' or just 'subbies' ... I would hate to have to buy a new unit if it's only a washer that needs changing in my old one!) Any help would be gratefully received happy new year

vollmann

Reply to
vollmann

The water volume detector is shot. Remove the cover and adjust it to back to the level it needs to be.

A new Saniplus isn't as expensive as you think either. Have a look through the web site at

for more info' on them.

BigWallop

Saniflo's were invented by a Frenchman as a means of reaping revenge on the English. Your best bet is to search the news group archive on Google; search for "Saniflo" and be prepared for some strong language!

Reply to
Shrek

"vollmann" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

After a time a flexible boot that goes over the float switch can start to perish resulting in it kinda puckering up and not letting the float switch drop and eventually developing a hole, this is easy to replace youself and when I asked the guys at saniflo what were there common parts to go, this was one and the capacitor on the motor the other, so I bought a couple of each but after another five years have not needed to replace it again. Open it up and see what that boot looks like. Chris

Reply to
Chris Selwyn-Smith

bit,(maybe

Many thanks for your help guys ... I can now sleep easier at night! vollmann

Reply to
vollmann