SANIFLO - Pipework

Hullo I have moved my kitchen to an internal box room. My run to the waste output is now around 7 metres. I am having to use a SANIFLO sanivit. Please don't reply with horror stories Ive read them :-( .....

I am having to cross joists and to be honest I would rather use 25mm pipe than 32mm. Is this ok ? If I had to use 32 mm plastic can I just use plastic compression fitting ?

Anyone see a big issue with this ?

yours soon To have a blocked sink.

DD

Reply to
Dave D

I wouldn't (but I wouldn't use a saniflo in the first place).

I wouldn't - they really don't work under much pressure, and the saniflo will generate some pressure. Solvent weld is probably a better choice - but make sure you use expansion joins - you will need several on a run that long.

Hate to say it, but yes! Is there really no alternative? None at all?

Reply to
Grunff

If you were in the US it would be normal to use small bore flexible. But here in the UK our BCOs insist on 32mm semi-rigid solvent weld stuff.

Reply to
G&M

Never mind the type of pipe and the joins: how will you install

7meters of pipe so there is a constant downhill slope of the pipe with NO sags. What will you do when there is a power cut just as you empty the washing up bowel down the sink and it all runs over the floor from the washing machine stand pipe.

What will you use as a kitchen when you rip out all the units to get up the floor covering to get at the 8*2 chipboard floor to get at the pipe that has blocked becasuse it has sagged between joists by a couple of mm.

Remember that a saniflo unit is not a waste disposal unit, that chicken bone that has just gone down the plughole is about to remove the blades in the saniflo from its rubber mounts .... another week with out a kitchen while I mop up the floor because the dishwasher and washing machine have just dumped all the water on the floor got at the unit strip it down order the parts wait (did someone say there was a post strike) for them to arrive put it back together... is that another power cut......

As you have got a suspended floor put in a proper 110mm underground drain and save yourself a whole lot of agro.

Just to change the subject I hope you are not thinking of a gas cooker or hob in this internal kitchen. If you think the type of joints on saniflo pipework is a problem wait till you start sorting out the ventilation for a gas hob.

Reply to
David H
[12 lines snipped]

Now *that's* what I call a Freudian slip...

Reply to
Huge

Bowel cleansing seems to be one of those fads that is growing. Saw a discovery program about this a couple of weeks ago (IIRC). Not for me thank you very much!

PoP

PoP

Colonic irrigation ? You can shove that up your arse ! Or do they shove it up your arse already ? :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

The latter is right. I only managed to watch a couple of minutes of the program (I couldn't stand any more) and it turned my stomach.

A guy (fit and healthy) was lying on a bed with a blanket over him. Nurse alongside, and tubes coming out from beneath the blanket. He was giving a running commentary of what was happening.

Next thing you saw was the machine next to the bed, with faeces going thru a large glass pipe where the nurse was inspecting them, these faeces having been flushed out of his bowel.

At that point I put down my sandwiches and claimed I wasn't feeling very hungry after all, and changed channels. I'm not very good with these sorts of things.

PoP

PoP

EEeeYuckie !!! Not the kind of prime time TV I fancy either.

Reply to
BigWallop

Good job they don't do this to IMM though - can you imagine seeing his brain going down a glass tube????? ;)

PoP

PoP

There's enough of his ...... written in the newsgroups. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop