Saniflo

Who will become too old to wax, or will have left, and why is she waxing in the sink? Apart from that I understood all of it.

£10 to anyone on the group who can decipher "I have a particular problem with wax getting in the bathroom sink, but one day she will be too old to wax or have left".

Memory failing Dennipoo's? Unable to answer simple questions you repeatedly call me an idiot? Oh and a Maroon.

"Now go away or I will taunt you a second time".

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Test the paper. Get a jam jar, half fill with water, pop in a few sheets of the prospective paper and give it a very brief shake. If the paper has not fallen apart it's to tough.

It's easier to list what is allowed down a saniflow than what isn't.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I don't normally side with Dennis, but I'm always willing to give credit where it's due. Just stop and think about the example given (a rubber suction cup). When you press it into a surface does it make a good seal? NO, it lets all the air out. When you let go, and it tries to spring back, does it make a bad seal and let all the air back in? NO.

Now think (carefully and slowly if neccessary) about how a sink plunger [1] works.

Then remind yourself that a little humilty can go a long way.

MBQ

I said "pluger" not "bath & sink unblocker".

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Probably wise not to side with either of them. :-)

A rubber sucker is not a good comparison even if it was applied over a hole in an attempt to use it as a plunger. The down force on the rim is minimal. As it is they are usually applied to a smooth impervious surface so the air underneath has nowhere to go but out and when fixed the clamping force is applied over at least most of the surface area.

It should be possible to design a plunger with a side wall so stiff that even if applied like a sucker to a smooth surface it wouldn't be possible to expel the air within.

Likewise it should be possible to design a plunger with a flange so narrow that suction easily breaks down. Why one should want to do so is of course another matter.

I tried but slowly doesn't seem to work for me.

Yes indeed.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Do you mean like on a toy bow & arrow set?

Don't really 'do' humility.

Mere variants of the same thing, doing the same job, in the same way.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Now do it at the bottom of a swimming pool or sink..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thats how they are in fact designed. Thats what the metal disk on top is for.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Many don't have a metal disk and they don't need it either.

Reply to
dennis

No, to sell they don't need it. To work, they do.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They work fine without a metal disk.

Reply to
dennis

Is it possible for a female to reach maturity without gaining an awareness of such matters (even with a "conventional" toilet)?

Reply to
Appelation Controlee

I should imagine so. Some people don't know that milk comes from cows... Don't under estimate the stupidity of the population, just look at what passes as news, entertainment or "interesting" stories in the media these days.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice