saniflo

I have a saniflo unit attached to a toilet in a cloakroom. It requires two to three flushes to clear the waste from the toilet pan. Can anyone advise a solution.

Reply to
stork

Open heart surgery with a (blunt) chainsaw would be more pleasurable than owning a Saniflo.....

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Check the water level in the cistern, if this is too low it would of course affect the clearing of the pan.

Reply to
Chas

the fact that it has a mascerator is irrelevant to the flushing. That is to say, even if it was going directly into a soil pipe instead of the saniflo, it would still require 2 or 3 flushes, this is because there is:

1) too much waste in relation to the flushing water. 2) not enough water being flushed each time, which is similar to number 1 (no pun) - maybe you can increase the amounmt of water being flushed? - the old handles used to be 'let go' for a half flush and 'hold down' for a full flush.
Reply to
Phil L

;-)

I actually have one that's behaved perfectly for years so they're not all bad. Occasionally someone puts something down that won't macerate properly (wet wipes, sanitary towels etc).

The cure is simple, pop the top off and clean it out. Not necessarily pleasant, but not too difficult.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Hummm, I've got 5 std. and 2 industrial, pump only saniflo's at work, I'd rather not have them, but sometimes pumping is the only way when drains are above outlets...

Reply to
badger.badger

On 26 Mar 2007 13:36:07 -0700, "stork" mused:

Get rid of the saniflo and either dig out\route a soil pipe to the toilet or move the toilet to a point above a mains sewer.

Reply to
Lurch

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:59:21 +0100 someone who may be Lurch wrote this:-

Entirely unnecessary. If a macerator is looked after properly it will give years of service, just like any other item of equipment.

No doubt people were equally dismissive about that new fangled electricity at one time. Rip it all out and put in some nice pipe to feed gas lights.

Reply to
David Hansen