Saniflo

Page 2 of 2

C**P
Ah the fishermans tale..... A saniflo will normally finish before the Cistern has refilled on average 19 - 45 seconds ...
Ian

True, everyone in the house will be awake much earlier. Most cisterns are quiet however and if push comes to shove you can silence a cistern very easily.
I suppose if you have a Saniflo and a shotgun the same applies.
--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

And makes much more noise than a toilet being flushed. You may find the noise of a Spitfire with two cylinders misfiring being run in and adjacent room restful, most people don't.
How *do* Saniflo make the thing so noisy? All it has to do is to run a small pump and spin two tiny bits of tin around. I have a pump for a similar purpose on boat - actually it doesn't even need the spinning blades because it can handle solids. It's much faster, quieter and cheaper than a Saniflo.
I asked this Q before & no answer: is there anybody who makes a machine that does the same job as the Saniflo, but based on sound engineering?
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:32:10 +0000, "M. Damerell"

See my other replies further up the thread; bear in mind that you get what you pay for.
Multiquik, the pan connector people, have recently launched one but I don't know how good it is; not used one yet. It's called the Turboflush. (Not, as I first thought when I saw the leaflet, the Turdoflush!)
--
Niall

Not to mention the noise of the toilet. :-)
Methinks the FAQ weekly reminder needs another short para adding.
"It is dangerous in the extreme to read postings by Steve Firth or Peter Parry while drinking any form of liquid - particularly carbonated - or in a public place. Failure to observe this elementary safety precaution *will* result in damage to computer screens and nasal passages."
The index of "trouser-wettingly funny mental images" in my head has now been augmented, such that along with Basil Fawlty doing serious damage to the bonnet of an innocent Austin Allegro with a small uprooted tree and a couple of others, there's the vision of Steve incanting "bastard! bastard!" at a soi-disant innocent Saniflo clutched between the weakening knees. (The difference being that the former needed celluloid to capture it, while the latter came from the sheer magnificence of Steve's prose. If the pictures are better on the radio than the box, then they're better yet in a text-only newsgroup ;-)
Thank you both for the best laugh in months... Stefek
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 00:55:54 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@hp.com wrote:

Wasn't it an 1100?
--
Bob Eager