Saniflo

IIRC the one you describe is called Sanichasse. I had a leaflet detailing the full range in the office the other day, I will try to find it tomorrow. Any decent plumbers merchant should have the full range. Incidentally apropos of another bit of this thread the wastewater one doesn't have a macerator and is thus quieter. Alternatively, you could bodge: the flexible pan connector on the standard saniflo will fit over 110 mm PVC pipe, so you could fit a short length capped off and fitted with a 40mm boss.

Reply to
Niall

See my other replies further up the thread; bear in mind that you get what you pay for.

Multiquik, the pan connector people, have recently launched one but I don't know how good it is; not used one yet. It's called the Turboflush. (Not, as I first thought when I saw the leaflet, the Turdoflush!)

Reply to
Niall

No I didn't! I'm neutral.

Reply to
usenet

Just remembered I saw a unit in a commercial kitchen which was basically a plastic box containing an ABS Robusta submersible pump. It would be perfectly possible to make something similar, I would suggest using a plastic cold water cistern. Main problem is making sure that the sub. pump's float switch is free to move; the Robusta has an integral level switch rather than a float on a cable, other makes are available in this format. Some sort of high level alarm might be advisable unless you can seal the tank, in which case it needs vented above the basin level to allow it to fill.

Reply to
Niall

The one that fits our needs best is actually the SaniShower I think, just a pump with no 'macerator'. If you hunt around the price can be down to £175, it still seems a lot of money for a simple pump though.

Reply to
usenet

Methinks the FAQ weekly reminder needs another short para adding.

"It is dangerous in the extreme to read postings by Steve Firth or Peter Parry while drinking any form of liquid - particularly carbonated - or in a public place. Failure to observe this elementary safety precaution *will* result in damage to computer screens and nasal passages."

The index of "trouser-wettingly funny mental images" in my head has now been augmented, such that along with Basil Fawlty doing serious damage to the bonnet of an innocent Austin Allegro with a small uprooted tree and a couple of others, there's the vision of Steve incanting "bastard! bastard!" at a soi-disant innocent Saniflo clutched between the weakening knees. (The difference being that the former needed celluloid to capture it, while the latter came from the sheer magnificence of Steve's prose. If the pictures are better on the radio than the box, then they're better yet in a text-only newsgroup ;-)

Thank you both for the best laugh in months... Stefek

Reply to
stefek.zaba

Wasn't it an 1100?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Have found this site that might provide some new answers - haven't identified any prices yet but will do more research after New Year - hope this is helpful - HNY to all!

Aiden