sanding discs

Whenever I see any of these diy people on discovery realtime channels doing metalwork they all use grinding discs for cleaning up and finishing. Haven't they ever heard of sanding discs? these would give a nicer smoother finish and probably be quicker.

Reply to
Dwayne & Angela

Buut aren't they more likely to tear ?

Reply to
Stuart B

well yes but with the guards in place (which should never be removed anyway) and a pair of rigger gloves this is unlikely to cause problems. I use them all the time at work and many have torn but (touch wood) I have yet to be injured by one. Apart from the time when I was stupid enough not to tell some idiots I worked for to go to hell when they insisted I use a grinder without a guard, because it was easier to get into the corners.

Reply to
Dwayne & Angela

Oh you are not talking about paper sanding discs then . ?

Reply to
Stuart B