Samsung VP-D230 digital cam help

Ok not the correct forum but I have tried google and a Samsung forum bu no replies so thought maybe someone here has the same model.

I have been given the above camera and although an old model is sufficient for my requirements. I have downloaded a manual for the camera but I am still having difficulty in using the menu, specifically to set the recording tape from extended play to normal play speed.(for recording so I get better quality) I can get in to the main menu but what do I press to then move to the sub menu. The manual just reads "move to the sub menu" but does not explain how to do so. I can see the sub menu but cant for the life of me find a button to move to the right to get on it.

Any help appreciated. thanks

Reply to
ss

Is there no control on the camera with 4 arrows on it? Usually you move up and down the menu using the north south keys and move to sub-menus using the east west keys.

michael adams

michael adams

the manual says..

Set the camcorder to CAM or PLAYER mode and M.REC or M.PLAY mode (VP-D230(i)/D250(i)/D270(i) only)

  1. Press the MENU button. The MENU OSD is displayed. The cursor (HIGHLIGHT) indicates the feature you are currently adjusting.
  2. Use the MENU SELECTOR and push the MENU SELECTOR on the left side panel to select and activate the item.
  3. You can exit the menu mode by pressing the MENU button.
Reply to
dennis

Yes I read that from the downloaded manual BUT... I get to the menu which is like a drop down list lets say lines a,b c, I push the menu selector and I can go to a b or c. If I go to say b then a sub menu is to the right of that and thats what I cant figure out how to get the `cursor` to move across. If I then press menu again it exits the menu.

It will be an easy solution, I just cant work it out.

Reply to
ss

On page 31, it says move the menu selector to select the item, then push the menu selector. I assume that means push it into the case.

Reply to
Dave W

Tried that and it just exits the menu. I`ll give it another bash tomorrow with a refreshed brain, I am sure I will get it sorted.

Reply to
ss

It doesn't say push menu.

Reply to
dennis

He didn't say it did. He said it says "push the menu selector".

However something's not quite right here.

I found a quick start guide for this model

and according to that, the menu selector is a knurled wheel which is rotated as it also doubles up as a volume control, and a manual focus adjuster. (Picture 3 in the first panel)

I'm just wondering if in addition to rotation, rather than pushing it in, its possible to nudge the menu selector wheel sideways as well.

michael adams

..

Reply to
michael adams

And in many of these its the right arrow button that fails due to over zealous pressing. I don't know if this is the case here,but certainly a Sanyo a friend had needed the right arrow to be pressed hard and wiggled to sometimes work. Crap membrane switches. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

OK I have it sorted now, a case of getting the pushes snd pressing in the correct order. Thanks for all the input guys.

Reply to
ss