Sale of Incandescent Bulbs to End on Tuesday?

Pop into Poundland and buy a dozen of their circular camping 20x LED lights, each use 4 AA cells During a recent power outage i use 4 of them to light my living room.

Nowhere near enough light for everyday use, but I'm sure a dozen of them mounted on the ceiling would be.

Steve Terry

Reply to
Steve Terry

If you think something important is being hidden then you had better tell us what it is.

Reply to
dennis

It's your choice. I *think* that switching off some of the lights would be slightly more energy efficient than dimming, and it also allows you to light only the parts of the room that you need to light.

Reply to
Cynic

I don't see any numbers there relating to spacecraft and pm per gallon. I don't see any information there, either, that can convert the solid rocket fuel into a 'gallon of fuel' equivalent. Perhaps I am being short sighted.

Reply to
Cherry Chapstick

Yeah, sorry, forgot to pick up on that. You need, really, to consider like for like jobs as well. A ferry is closer to the function of a plane or a train or a car than a cruise ship, carrying accomodation and entertainment with it, is.

Reply to
Cherry Chapstick

Well quite, hence the question. Perhaps a few pointers to what you consider to be the best of breed examples of LED lighting?

Reply to
John Rumm

Maybe there's a 'category error' here?

Jaf

I have a substation in my garden and get about 250V on average.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Most car journeys journeys are less than two miles.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Would that be measured in miles per nosebag?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

???

Reply to
dennis

If you're carting an entire five star hotel around at the same time, yes.

I wonder what the stats are for a large passenger ferry.

Reply to
Fevric J. Glandules

Why slow down if the traffic light is not presented to you?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

You are. A spacecraft can travel forever at millions of miles per hour on no fuel whatsoever. Therefore it must be *potentially* the most fuel efficient method of transport. I chucked it in my post as a semi-humerous observation, but with the serious point that such comparisons are not always a valid way of looking at things.

Reply to
Cynic

You made a sarcastic comment, it was not put as a serious question.

I have a vested interest so it would be unfair of me to make any specific recommendations.

Reply to
Cynic

Otherwise Dennis would run down the man with the red flag walking in front of him.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not I, check the attributions.

However *my* question was a genuine one and was intended to be taken seriously.

Why? If you do so in the context of having explained that vested interest. This is usenet after all, bias is tolerated and indeed expected!

My reason for asking, was that inspite of much hype, much (if not all) of the general purpose LED lighting I have seen so far, I not been that impressed with. Often exhibiting low overall brightness levels (but very high directionality), poor colour rendition, and often poor reliability. If there is stuff being made now, or coming on stream soon that is better than what I have experienced so far then it would be nice to know.

Reply to
John Rumm

Looks like CFLs are now officially dimmer that they claim to be:

Reply to
bof

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D\

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D/

Vos Pad was an early complete interior that , personally not entirely sure worked

too have commercial vested interest in LED lighting, here`s one that had no involvement in, but its accessible and demonstrates how LED lighting can work,Fountain Court, Somerset House, London

AA

With great respect, dimming is an essential part of , any modern, interior lighting design.

The great advantage of LED lighting is the ability to exploit putting light exactly where it is required even with the fittings and furniture of the space.

Adam

Reply to
AA