Sainsbury's are at it too.

In the Balham store, Draper 14.4v cordless drill for 7.99. Keyless chuck, vary speed and reverse, torque setting. Strange thing to sell in such a small store.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I saw these and thought about getting one (it will only get light use)

-- are they any good? I don't need anything fancy :)

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I don't see how you can go wrong at that price. I didn't buy one because I've already got more than I need.

I'd be religious about not leaving the battery on charge too long - it looks like a crude charger. Stick to the minimum time they say - it doesn't matter if it's not fully charged but will have its life shortened by even slight overcharging.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I had a cheap Draper 18v for a couple of years. It was fine until the batteries went, but there was no source of replacement batteries - so to the recycling centre it went. For 8 quid, it's good economics, but bad environmentalism.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

I don't think that Draper make or sell rubbish. They've been around a long time, too.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Tesco are also having a =A31 or 50p DIY bits sell off. No power drills t= hat I spotted but a 12" stainless steel metric/imperial rule with clear markings and a small vertical, horzontal and 45deg level caught my eye a= s good value at 50p (IIRC) for the rule alone.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That's good.

It's always better when customers aren't disappointed.

Reply to
Andy Hall

JCB has been around for a long time as well.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

No, draper don't make rubbish. They rebadge it...

(I've got some good draper stuff. I've seen a lot of crap too.)

cheers clive

Reply to
Clive George

Their fleecy sweatshirts are good, provided you can stand the yellow and black colourscheme (and pay charity shop prices).

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Trouble with Draper is some of their stuff is good - some poor. I don't think they actually make anything but buy in from a variety of makers.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)