Safety test of electrics

and testable from the ends.

No. Testing can though

and the cabling you can't see and can adequately test.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Don't I know it! Bloody ring main has a live fault. You would think its going to be a loose screw but no all the screw and terminations are correct! Now AFAIK there isn't a junction between the last good socket and the next one so what are the odds of a cable fault?

I think it will become a radial as I don't fancy ripping walls down ATM.

Reply to
dennis

If there's a cable break, is it perhaps near where it's terminated? It gets bent round into the junction box, so that's a point of maximum strain.

Reply to
GB

GB laid this down on his screen :

A volt stick might help trace it or a tone generator.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

A volt stick might work if the cables were on the surface but not in a wall.

A tone generator sounds like it might work, if I had one. Lets go shopping.

Reply to
dennis