safe way to get rid of a squeak from a cot?

Our sons cot squeaks when you let the side rail down or up. There's 2 metal bars which the wooden side slides up and down on. I don't really want to use wd40 as I'm not sure it's safe. Any suggestions?

Reply to
jgkgolf

Try candle wax.

Reply to
1501

Baby Oil?

Reply to
Adrian C

Surely candle wax is'nt a lubricant when it sets?

Reply to
jgkgolf

I tried oiling my baby once, couldn't pick him up afterwards. His cot still sqeaked but we worked on the basis that he'd outgrow it before it wore out and left it alone. We were right, the next owners took the squeak away with the cot.

John

Reply to
John

Or talcum powder

Reply to
Jim S

Pledge furniture polish or any wax or silicone polish. Spray on, slide side up and down once or twice and polish off.

Reply to
Peter Parry

You don't melt it, just rub the runners / wood with the blunt end of a white candle. It works fine on drawers etc so ought to be ok here.

Reply to
John Rumm

Works a treat. Fixes sticking wooden drawers, extendable tables etc. Taught about it by my granddad, along with hundreds of other useful little bits n bobs...

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Slap a good dollop of axle grease on it. Make a man of him rather than a namby pamby mother's boy. If he's made of the right stuff he'll come to no harm and if not then you might as well have had a girlie.

Reply to
Dave Baker

In message , Dave Baker writes

Surely that should be cam pre-lube?