safe reccomendation

Couldn't agree more.

Nice to know someone else doesnt think I'm al'capone

Reply to
mocha

An assumption which the Home Office would dearly like to propogate.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Screwfix have some nice little safes. Difficult choice between concealment (eg the floorboard safe) and something more obviously safe-like which will be easier for burglars to identify but perhaps harder for them to break open.

I personally think the 2-brick wall safe is a nice balance between the two - but I've always wanted to have a safe full of secrets & diamonds behind an oil-painting... :o)

Reply to
Steve Walker

Admit it. You're David Niven, aren't you...

Reply to
Andy Hall

I read that as David Nixon...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

They're both dead, aren't they?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Yep - circa Pink Panther... :o)

Reply to
Steve Walker

Ye know toooo much laddie.......

tarquinlinbin

I was one in a local Supa snaps shop and the ladies had just had a new fax/phone delivered by their HQ to use in the shop. They didnt have a clue how to connect/use it and asked if i knew. Being a quiet summer afternoon i said i did and duly plugged it in and set it up. I explained how to fix, i.e put the page in here face down,dial,press this and the paper will be drawn into the machine. The woman looked puzzled and then asked, but how does the sheet of paper fit down the wire?. I looked,she wasnt even smiling-i think she meant it......

tarquinlinbin

Is it enough to be dishonest?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

There are plenty of legal reasons for posessing and using 5K in cash. You might not *need* to use cash but there's certainly no law against it. Where's the problem, other than your prejudices?=20

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I'm sure there are *possible* reasons, but I would suggest that for the most part, one would be either stupid or not being entirely honest to keep or carry around this sort of money in cash.

Reply to
Andy Hall