RYOBI ROUTER TABLE

Morning!

RYOBI ROUTER TABLE fails to impress:

(if that breaks in whatever your excuse for a newsreader is) try:

Dev Null

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 11:10:46 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Dev Null strung together this:

cost.

Reply to
Lurch

Anything from Ryobi fails to impress me......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I got one and it does the job, admittedly its a pile of shit but for 80 quid I didn`t expect miracles.

Reply to
John Woodhall

I bet me Nutool router table (£25 + VAT from makro) is a bigger pile of shit than your Ryobi, but the Nutool works too!

Reply to
Paper2002AD

Soup just had to say

Even after that description, it still managed to get to $26 odd.

Reply to
Soup

Andy ... why ? I ask as I have no knowledge of Ryobi, I had assumed it was a reasonable make ... certainly one up form Power devil etc.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Well.... yeah.... and probably Nutool and Ferm as well.

I've been to a few tool shows and gone from stand to stand looking at, picking up and with the cordless products, running them. I didn't find that the Ryobi stuff was that good in terms of feel, balance and control in comparison to Makita and Bosch for cordless tools and Trend, DeWalt for routers.

I thought that the router table ( I was looking for one at the time) was very poor even at its lowish price. There is a point at which engineering down to a price point makes a product pretty much unusable, and with that, I felt that they had done so.

The Ryobi cordless drills weren't too bad, but for not much more, one could have a vastly better Makita, so I didn't see the point.

Somehow the product strategy seems somewhat all over the place - trying to cover too broad a part of the market and not consistently.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

There are two Ryobi. One lot made in America which is c***p and the other made in Japan, or thereabouts, which are basically o/k.

I've owned both versions of their split boom strimmer. The Yankee one was rubbish, though neither could hold petrol as their fuel tank caps had a permanently open fuel vent hole in them, which meant they had to be stored horizontally or they leaked the two stroke mixture. Who designs these bloody things like this ?

I have a Stihl now, infinitely better than either.

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann