Ryobi 50 Piece Screw & Nut Driving Bit Set

It was also followed be a statement that left no doubt that you consider that the USA and pozidrive don't and have never mixed.

That means that the point is

So will you now admit that are wrong?

No, as you have no reply other than your tired straw man in a gale arguments.

Reply to
:Jerry:

Over the last day, I've made some similar enquiries with similar woodworking groups in the U.S. to which I belong and which include a number of professional furniture makers and contractors.

The feedback that I have had is that other than slotted screws, Phillips is by far the most common type of screw in use in the U.S. in the professional and consumer markets.

Pozidriv is known about by a few but the perception, right or wrong is of little real value in comparison to Phillips. ~Some of the individuals were aware of Torx screws and a few had bought them - the improved resilience to cam-out was appreciated.

Reply to
Andy Hall

No it wasn't.

No because in what I said, I was not wrong. The point was made tentatively and as a question. By definition, only an answer or a statement can be right or wrong.

Yawn....

Reply to
Andy Hall

As I said before, the fact that it's quite possible that these self same people could well have used pozidrive without realising as a Phillips driver will fit any pozidrive screw of equal head #. Also, your original comment was in relation to the manufacture and sale of pozidrive bits in the USA so trying to limit the discussion to woodworking is silly - woodworkers are not the only people who use screwdrivers!

Reply to
:Jerry:

Did the Crows keep you up late last night then?

Reply to
:Jerry:

That is well known, but I am quite confident that the people who I asked about this know the difference.

Of course not, which is why I asked contractors as well and explained that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

No, and I didn't go to the pantomime either.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Implied? Why do I get the feeling you just read what you want to, regardless of what is actually written?

Where did he say that?

To me it sounded like an expression of surprise that the USA made set had pozi bits, when they are not often found on the domestic USA market. i.e. A remark of "oh, that is unusual".

Does it really require 15 posts of deep analysis from you Jetty?

Reply to
John Rumm

I got one a few months back in a B&Q offer for =A39.98 IIRC. Bloody good and useful set.

Odd thing is that the nut drivers in this set don't stay in the Ryobi impact driver chuck though

And who managed to get hold of the Ryobi drill, angle drill, case, 2 batts and charger for =A365 last week? Damn good bargain that was.

dg

Reply to
dg

Zzzzzz....

Don't reply to the knob any more Andy, it will just encourage him.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The people I asked were also aware of the difference.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I know. One can only do so much....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks for this, picked one up this w/e.

> Useful set, really nice (USA made) bit holder, one of those screw guide

Reply to
Piers James