rusty railings in Cadogan Square

indeed they would, And just drop the furniture and run.

Reply to
charles

In these blocks I suspect the front door is the primary fire exit.

Reply to
charles

had you noticed that the building concerned is not modern?

Reply to
charles

In message , at 17:22:48 on Sun, 23 Nov 2014, tim..... remarked:

Does OFT-unfair now equate to "stupid"? I think not.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Umm anything?. Can he keep out firemen?...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , charles scribeth thus

Where do you want to take that Charles, what about when the builders etc are in?...

Reply to
tony sayer

If they have reason enter, no ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes.

And I don't think your theory has anything to do with it.

I think the buildings and their owners are too posh to have common removal men tramping through the halls.

Think about it - if it was just down to fire risk, then a simple protocol would be far more sensible than this ridiculous idea of loading everything through a balcony window.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I wonder how much of this is to do with security. Some bod turns up with an item of furniture, then proceeds to kick a few doors down. The rich mostly live in fear

Reply to
stuart noble

Then I conclude that said washing m/c was not made by Miele, because they have cast iron dampers, proper bearings, and weigh a lot. So much in fact, that removal companies, when asked for quotes to move from or into an upper floor flat, generally ask what make of washing machine is being moved.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

If you can afford to pay £3 million for a flat, then you can afford to engage a professional removal firm, like Pickfords, who will have all the right people and equipment. This looks suspiciously like either a cheap removal job, *OR* (more likely) it is a refurb job and the builders are trying to move furniture around in-situ themselves.

Reply to
Andrew

Just pop over to the grundian and look at some of the comments regarding the 'explosion' on a train at Charing Cross.

PS were the two Polish lads actually employed as removal men, or were they part of a building firm doing a refurb and just moving things about ?.

Reply to
Andrew

No, it was an (old) Hotpoint. With large lumps of concrete.

Reply to
Bob Eager

actually the technical term is "for which there is no justifiable reason for its inclusion".

AISI there is no justifiable reason for this clause other than a "jobsworth" attitude of the author.

Tim

Reply to
tim.....

I've done it with a Hotpoint, but unknown to the onlookers, I had removed the top and bottom lumps of concrete to make it easily liftable.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel