Rusty bolts

I'm going to need some penetrating oil to free up some rusty bolts which are causing me a problem.
Any suggestions for a particular make which I might find in the DIY sheds? I could really do with an aerosol applicator due to the location of the bolts.
PoP
PoP wrote:

PlusGas is my fave, followed by Duck service oil.
--
Grunff

Heat from something like a blowtorch can help loosen nuts and bolts, but from your description, access might be difficult.
Beware applying heat after soaking it with flammable liquid :-}
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 22:28:51 +0100, PoP

Plus Gas
And heat.

Is it bolts into tapped holes that are causing you problems or nuts on bolts? In the latter case, a nut splitter is usually the easiest solution.

As others suggest, Plus Gas.
Colin Bignell
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:28:43 +0100, "nightjar" <nightjar@<insert my surname here>.uk.com> wrote:

Good question - it's nuts on bolts. And the nutsplitter hasn't been considered (guess I'm going to get me one of those!).

And a can of that too. I'm sure I had a can on my "this will come in handy one day" shelf, but maybe not.
PoP
PoP wrote:

Cheap and quick way is to drill almost through (if you want to re-use the bolt) or right through (if you don't) one of the flats on the nut. Then whack with a cold chisel and lump hammer across the hole parallel with the bolt.
Nick

Coca Cola!! seriously I used to use it all the time on my old rusty mini, just pore it over leave it a bit, and pore some more on... then off it comes! simple
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 22:28:51 +0100, PoP

WD40, surprisingly good at it and in my experience superior to all the penetrating oils.
--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

If it can be soaked in diesel or parrafin for a few days it is very effective
Paul Mc Cann

The best by far is Plusgas - from good car accessory shops.
--
Gripfill John

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 20:14:22 +0100, "Gripfill John"
I've gone for the Halfords equivalent (they don't do PlugGas). I'll bet it's a rebadged PlusGas.
PoP