Running power shower pump off normal HW cistern?

Page 2 of 2
Christian McArdle wrote:

large accumulator?
How do the costs etc compare?
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk

I had that when the thermostat on the hot water tank failed so it stayed on and heated the cold water tank. It was discovered by somebody going for a number 2 and getting a bit more than they expected!
Rob.
Hello Rob

HW via a Surrey Flange from the hot water tank. Cold water via a direct tapping into the cold water storage tank. You're not allowed to fix a pump directly onto a main, it has to come directly from the storage tank.
I'm in the testing stages of mine atm. Done all the prelim pipework, fitted the pump - awaiting january sales for the tiles and suite.
During testing, turning on both HW & CW pump-assisted emptied the cold water tank in 15 minutes. I'm hoping I'm not going to need all that for the shower, or I'll have to be quick with the soap!
OTOH, the bath (also pumped) is going to be very quick to fill...
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK

What size pump have you used?
Regards, Rob.