running electric cable

I would like to run an electric cable under a 4 inch insulated floor. The floor insulation is covered with 18mm t+g chipboard flooring. If I run the cable through a plastic tubing first, then under the insulation, can anyone see a problem with this. Beneath the 4 inch insulation is a concrete base. The idea is to put electric sockets at the opposite side of the room to were they are now. Many thanks. Neil

Reply to
Neil

Should be ok. Remeber to de-rate the cable current carrying capacity due to its being burried in insulation.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks John. Its only another socket for computer. Neil

Reply to
Neil

If it's to a socket, it still needs to be derated in case something else is plugged in. This means that you may need to use heavier cable.

If you don't understand this, get someone in!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I have put the pipe in with a length of rope to pull cable through but will use electrician to make sure it is done correctly. Thanks to all for putting me right.

Neil

Reply to
Neil