Running Coax from loft to garage

Maybe the idea will catch on.

RUSS ANDREWS Introducing the new triple screened downlead The oxygen-free natural lead large gauge outer screen will provide a massive improvement to your digital TV picture, by keeping out interference radiated by solar flares and next door's cat. The outer screen utilises US military 'stealth' technology and has a rectangular cross-section to maximise interference-reflecting surfaces. An easy DIY install that will revolutionise your viewing.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Well yes, OK, if you want to f*ck about and waste money. Let's just mortar up the hole shall we?

Anyway, it's described as 'fire retardant'. I have a friend who's retarded but he can still set fire to things. Often does.

Bill (the grumpy one)

Reply to
Bill Wright

My downlead has been up (or down) since 1978. (that's nearly 36 years) Still works fine. Good quality RS stuff.

Reply to
charles

For lightweight poking you might find one of these useful:

(Recommended here a few years ago. You might be able to get them cheaper.)

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Ooh I like the look of that. I did get the poking done with a length of

15mm copper in the end, straight up to the loft with some bending along the way, then threaded some cat 5 down the pipe, removed pipe with cat 5 in situ, then attached the coax to it & pulled through very easily.
Reply to
CD