Running Central Heating Without Inhibitor?

Hi,

I have just finished some work on my central heating system (fitting TRVs, changing the bathroom radiator for a towel rail type radiator and some pump work involving some soldered joints).

I would like to refill the system and run it for a few hours to check for leaks *before* adding inhibitor. How much "damage" is this going to cause? OK, it wont cause damage, but is this a good idea?

If there are no leaks then I have lost some time part-draining the system and adding inhibitor, but if there are leaks I have saved myself the cost of the inhibitor.

Thanks, BraileTrail

Reply to
BraileTrail

I would see no problem in doing this provided you have flushed the system to remove any debris that could interfere with the boiler/pump. If no leaks are found drain a little bit and then add inhibitor.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

I would see no problem in doing this provided you have flushed the system to remove any debris that could interfere with the boiler/pump. If no leaks are found drain a little bit and then add inhibitor.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

don't fret about it. I know of "professhunally" installed systems with NO inhibitor in them - run for years before anyone notices and calls friendly plumber back to fix.....kerching etc

I think I'll call this "jaded Friday" ;>)))

JimK

Reply to
JimK

BraileTrail wibbled on Friday 23 October 2009 18:29

This will cause no problems whatsoever for a short time (that could mean days/weeks depending on what your water is like).

As others have said, flushing the crap out would be more beneficial in the first instant.

Reply to
Tim W