Running an earth bond wire through a backbox

I've got a chase above a socket backbox, a chase below it, and enough space for an earth bonding wire that I need to run.

Is it acceptable to run a bond wire through a backbox? For reasons of routing, it would need to be through the same knockout as one leg of the ring.

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

I know of nothing that disallows it.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Are you talking about a 10mm bond or a 2.5/4mm supplementary bond? The space available may limit your options

Reply to
cynic

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:04:06 +0000, Ben Blaukopf mused:

Nothing to say you can't, but I'd always callit bad worksmanship, which is disallowed.

I'd usually run the cable behind the box. If the earth bond is a 10mm then you could be struggling to fit a socket on the front of it when you come to 2nd fix stage.

Reply to
Lurch