Rubbish bag supports

I wonder if anyone has any bright ideas on how to make a support for rubbish bags. So that it is held open and upright, I am frustrated trying to get the leaves into a bag while trying to hold the bag open.

Reply to
Broadback

There are commercial things to do this, but its pretty simple to make something similar.

A couple of inverted U shape stands - one slightly narrower than the other such that it fits between the legs of the bigger one. joined by a pivot at the mid point of the legs. Open trestle style so the top of the Us are about bag width apart and clothes peg or tape the top fo the bag to them.

Wood sticks or some copper pipe and elbows will do the trick...

Reply to
John Rumm

springy corrugated plastic rolled into a cylinder

Owain

And a couple of light boards, shorter than your bag opening, to pick up the leaves.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I saw something similar made from an old dining room chair with the seat removed and the arms fastened to the back.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

> Owain

Or (in a similar vein):

WeeBob

The 'Ben the Bin' design works well, but are/were vastly overpriced, and I think are no longer made:

easy to make something like this.

I would like a version of those 'clip rings' that refuse collectors use to hold a bag when they wander around with a 'pick-up stock', that took carrier bags. Easy to make one that sort-of works, a bit harder to make a fully-practical one IMO.

J^n

Reply to
jkn

embroidery ring?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

A quilting hoop would work better.

Reply to
S Viemeister

The bottom section of a kitchen flip-top bin works ok.

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts