Rubberwood

Is is possible to buy rubberwood timber for making things yourself?

What's rubberwood like to work with? Are standard tools such as circular saw and planer viable?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I don't kow the answer to your first query but as regards the second, yes, ordinary woodworking tools are fine for rubberwood. We have rubberwood worktops which I finished myself using circular saw and router with no problems. It's actually rather good to work with, fine grained and doesn't seem to split or chip easily.

Reply to
tinnews

The message from snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) contains these words:

Try looking for parawood, which is what it's often called.

Reply to
Guy King