Rubber tie-downs or toggle clips - where to find/buy?

I'm after some stretchy fasteners for holding things like the doors on a chicken coop and various other hatches closed.

Basically I want something that comprises a hook on one side and an elastic loop or toggle on the other side with a handle of some sort to make it easy to pull the elastic over the hook (or engage it in the toggle).

Ideally the metalwork (if any) would be stainless steel or galvanised but all non-metallic would be equally acceptable.

Currently I'm using Screwfix toggle latches (item 15443) but these are really a bit small, go rusty and can't tolerate as much "wobbliness" as I would like.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
tinnews

What about those rubber things that hold the bonnet of a Mini down?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes, exactly, and where do I buy them at less than a king's ransom each (if I can find where to buy them at all).

Reply to
tinnews

Motor sport accessories shop.They are used to hold down bonnets of cars that do rallying etc . These sort of things ?

stillnobodyhome

Local agricultural store sell them for tractor trailers etc.

Don't know where you are but TH White, Devizes or Ernest Doe various locations are just 2. Both on the web

Reply to
RW

is getting towards the "king's ransom" sort of price to my mind (ignoring the fact that they're in Australia!). Also they appear to be just the rubber bits, I want a complete latch! :-)

Surely there's a relatively cheap and easy way to provide something like a toggle latch but a bit larger and 'floppier'.

Reply to
tinnews

For the rubber you could use tent rubbers (that connect to the pegs). Available in different sizes from camping shops. Some ingenuity with cleats and a large keyring (to pull on) might do the job. Or even ones with ends on and your own clip device:

Bob Mannix

Now that *is* finally something near a solution and they're cheap! Some of those and some hooks of some sort look like a pretty good 'latch' to me, thanks!

Reply to
tinnews

How about the stretchy things with hooks on each end for holding luggage on roof racks. eBay item 330250063380

John

Reply to
John

How about the elastic lugage straps? eBay item 250267111827 has 5 for =A34 inc delivery and they have hooks already fitted.

John

Reply to
John

How about elastic lugage straps? eBay item 250267111827 has 5 for =A34 inc delivery. They even have hooks on the ends.

John

Reply to
John

I have lots of those already, too long really.

Reply to
tinnews

How about elastic lugage straps. eBay item 250267111827 has 5 for =A34. They have hooks as well.

John

Reply to
John

Sorry about all the repeats, Google didn't show them so I sent more.

John

Reply to
John