Rubber flooring

We are about to buy a new (for us) house with carpet in the bathroom and laminate in the kitchen. SWMBO has decided that the bathroom carpet shall be replaced with a rubber floor, and is strongly inclined to do the same in the kitchen.

Recommendations, horror stories, fitting tips would all be welcomed.

The current plan is for a solid sheet (rather than tiles) in the bathroom, and I fear that fitting that is beyond my DIY skills. We might go for tiles in the kitchen, which I feel comfortable about laying. Any thoughts?

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Very professional, very hygenic, and very expensive.

You probably don't mean real rubber either...likely a butyl rather than vinyl sheet.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Marmoleum

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Oil of marmalade?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Only if GWB can't keep his precision bombing up to snuff.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Actual butyl is not that expensive. Assuming it's thinnish, and glued down.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Is that a place in Spandinavia? :-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

No :)

1mm butyl is 4.50/m^2. Glob on lots of contact adhesive, and you're golden.
Reply to
Ian Stirling