Rp 3/4 ???

Could any of you plumbers out there tell me what "Rp 3/4" is all about.....it's quoted in the installation book for my new Worcester boiler (for the gas connection). The book says i MUST use 22mm supply pipe for the gas, but the fitting on the boiler is this "Rp 3/4", so i'd like to know what "Rp" stands for as i've searched plumbing websites, but haven't had any luck.
hope someone can enlighten me
"cuckoo flower" wrote in message

3/4 inch BSP parallel thread.
--
Andy

Rp is the european way of stating parallel thread. Rt is tapered.
So the connection must be 3/4" parallel. As the gas connection wil use the BS746 rubber washers. They seal on the rubber rather than use a tapered thread to seal. Hence the parallel thread.
BTW - My boiler manual also stated that the supply must be 22mm. It actually worked out to be 28mm for part of the run due to possible pressure drop. Just thought i'd mention it.
Regards
Rich