Royal Mail return of item

Just had a message from an eBayer "have the package returned to me as the package was damaged".

That is new to me that Royal Mail return packages to their senders when damaged?

Is this just a ruse to explain the delay in sending it or is this now Royal Mail's policy?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Surprised they did not charge him for that. I do know that if packaging fails they send it back, but then there is the vexed question of was it badly packed or badly handled. I had this with a pair of stepladders from parcel Farce some time ago. They argued for seemingly ages. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I am talking about Royal Mail.

I have never known them to return anything unless instructed to do so by he receiver.

Reply to
Fredxxx

If the recipient address was smudged or ripped off, perhaps they could only identify the sender?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I hadn't considered that aspect, though in that case he would have said it was returned because the receiver's address wasn't legible.

Either way it sounds like a tall story.

Reply to
Fredxxx