routing through knots in pine

Hi all

I'm going to put a rebate in a pine door (french doors/lap koint), and am curious to know whether routing over the centre of a knot would cause a problem.

I'm going to seal the knots first but am worried that the force of the router might knock it out?

Any help welcome.

Regards

Matt

Reply to
news.tiscali.co.uk

As long as it is not actually lose you should be ok. Taking many shallow passes rather than a few big deep cuts will help.

Reply to
John Rumm

It may shatter it and spit it out at you. I would be inclined to try and remove the knot and replace it with a plug first. If it is only a small knot and you are only likley to be removing part of it because of the way it is laying then you will probably be lucky.

Sealing the knot will do nothing to alleviate the problem

Wear goggles

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann