Routing coax

Hello,

Are there any regulations regarding the routing of coax? I would like to run some down the middle of a stud partition. Would this be OK?

Thanks,

Graham

Reply to
Graham Jones

In article , Graham Jones scribeth thus

Yes, just don't bend it too sharply anywhere so that it deforms the cable structure around an inch radius....

Reply to
tony sayer

50mm separation from mains cables.

(in practice, tricky to maintain everywhere - just don't run it alongside the cable to the socket where you always plug in your welder)

Sockets should be between 400mm and 1200mm of floor level (well that's the rule for mains sockets and switches - well apart from dedicated- purpose sockets - oh ignore it!)

Not wrapping your coax around mains cables over long runs is the only one I'd worry about.

Reply to
dom

Humm .. well we know of quite a few radio and telly studios where a lorra cables, mains, CAT5 and 6 and summat else, phones, balanced audio, twisted pair , low level co-ax, fibre etc have been lumped together in the same duct with no known problems;!..

Course not as it should be but....

Reply to
tony sayer

Everyone is of course assuming the OP mean co-axial as per television aerial cable or Satellite box in which case there are no major problem doing as he says. Now if it's co-axial mains feeder as per the drop from most overhead power installations to the electricity suppliers main fuse we're in a whole different scenario................

Terms need defining!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In article , Andrew Mawson scribeth thus

Umm.. Never heard the leccy blokes call it co-ax tho in a way thats what it is dunno abaht the impedance ;?..

Reply to
tony sayer

It may be that they're using screened mains cable in that environment, as well as having clean (filtered) supplies. And gear built to commercial standards with better suppression.

Reply to
dom

I've seem mouse chewed unsheathed mains cables, BT cables, audio cables, Video cables, RF feeders etc. in the same trunking/ducts. We didn't segregate them until at least teh 80s. problems were minimal (except after rodent damage) as long as screened cables were only earthed at one end.

Reply to
<me9

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com scribeth thus

Nope not this lot!..

Really anything balanced like Audio and CAT 5 6 etc is very immune to external interference due to the inherent noise suppression that mode uses...

Reply to
tony sayer

That stuff is called CONCENTRIC cable

Reply to
cynic

television

problem

That stuff is called CONCENTRIC cable

Concentric(sharing the same centre) being a synonym for co-axial (sharing the same axis), so yes!!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson