Router Table purchase

I`ve got the chance to purchase brand new Router Table ( by Nu-Tool) for 25.
Has anyone got/used one and is it any good?
On 19 Aug 2003 21:59:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Restoredclassic) wrote:

I think at that price it's worth chancing your arm to find out.
You could probably get double your money back on e-bay if you didn't like it much. ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}
On 19 Aug 2003 21:59:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Restoredclassic) wrote:

Sounds expensive. You can still build your own for less. I've still to see a commercial table for less than silly money that's anything like big enough (Trend especially)

My Trend mark II is big enough for me, at least with the extension wings on front and back it is. I wouldn't be able to move past it if it were any bigger. If I want to rout something too big for the table the jigs come out and I do it hand held.
Peter
--
Peter Ashby

I got one on eBay for a tad more than that. It is cheap pressed steel and you get what you pay for. Your point about the legs is a good one. THey are not strong. Fix it to a good surface. That being said, it has been fine the few times I have used it. My main worry with it is how true are the surfaces (answer, probably not that true) and the fence is a pretty ropey old thing. But for knocking out some mouldings and general routing if you spend the time setting it up and do a couple of practice runs first it has been fine.
Ben
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Ben Rooney) wrote:

I think that is true for pretty much anything that doesn't come with an Incra fence and mulitple jigs attached. I have done some fairly precise work on my Trend MkII but the setup time was quite high. I do often wonder if a combi plane would not have been quicker. Someday I may get one and see.
Peter
--
Peter Ashby