Router cutters I got off ebay

Pity the P&P was 12GBP otherwise I might of got them for 15GBP with P&P.

P&P plus purchase bid was 22GBP. The set has got some none standard bits you normally wouldn't get in a smaller set ie Double Roman Ogee,Slot Cutter Bits,Wide Flush Trim Bits,Coving Bits,Wave Edge Bits.

The normal 10 piece set would knock you back 12 to 15GBP in the sheds

The blokes got boxes of em!

Both the same pics but one is better than the other

The3rd Earl Of Derby

I think these look well made as well.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Hmmm, and only a click on Paypal away...

(glances at sleeping wife)

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Bizarre, the first one I was watching, there were last minute tussles and the price went skywards. The second one, auction closing 10 minutes later, zero interest, and I've now got one for the minimum £70.

Dead chuffed, and somewhat perplexed by EBayers in general.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

But no P&P. High P&P is the normal way of setting a 'reserve'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Looks the same as the B&Q one I've got, in which case it's a useful tool. The slide is a bit sticky, though.

Indeed. If some think it's a bargain they'll pay anything to buy it. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from Mike Dodd contains these words:

I got the same saw (different badge) from B&Q in Wednsesbury for £68.

It's OK - the dust collection leaves something to be desired, and the depth-stop is only OK not great. But it's pretty good for the money. Fitted a nice fine crosscut blade though 'cos I was doing delicate stuff.

At the same time I got a B&Q dust extractor - little portable one, much smaller than a shopvac. Worked OK for a while then got cranky. Turn out to be suffering from stupid design. The motor is cooled with an air bleed from the filtered air from the cleaner - which of course always contains a small amount of very fine dust. This pressurises the motor casing and tries to escape though any hole it can find, including the auto/manual switch [1]. This stuffs the switch full of dust to the point where it stops working. Replaced it with a good solid and most importantly /sealed/ toggle switch for a couple of quid and it's fine now. I suppose I could have taken it back but any replacement would have had the same problem and the fuel would have cost more than the switch.

[1] It's got a socket into which you plug the tool so the vac starts automatically. Cleverly it runs on for a few seconds after the tool goes off. Less cleverly it takes several seconds to start after the tool starts. I've /no/ idea why. Perhaps it's A FEATURE.
Reply to
Guy King

Bugger. £68?, and that's with the laser generator? Ho-bloody-hum. Still, I will get some pleasure from not giving B&Q any cash (don't start me going on the 10-weeks of delivery hell for a bit of tubing)

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Hmmm. Looks like B&Q's web-site has finally given up advertising tools. Was somewhat miffed that I could have bought it cheaper locally, thought their cheapest sliding compound mitre saw was their performance one at £120 or so.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Challenge is the make in B&Q as is Argos's same brand. Argos's cheapest is 99GBP

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Master Chemicals Harper Road Sharston Manchester M22 4RG

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from Mike Dodd contains these words:

No, no laser.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Mike Dodd contains these words:

Just when Wickes seem to have got theirs vaguely working.

Reply to
Guy King

I thought that too. Mine was a reconditioned one for £35 and it works well for what I need.

Silicone oil appears to fix the stickyness. I'm not sure that thats the correct lubricant for bronze bushes though.

Reply to
dennis

Reply to
Matt