Roundup/Glyphosphate

Nothing to do with being a fool. If you're not aware of an alternative then you buy what's available. No doubt you're aware of all options for every product on the market.

A pity you took the time to post just to be abusive. Sign of a real wanker...

Well you might be a dope like the OP.

Which I avoid wherever possible.

Reply to
Tim Streater

So, anyone who doesn't have *all* the answers, is a 'dope'. I bow to your smug superiority.

Look F, it's really simple. I didn't know *anything* about glyphosate

20 years ago, until I made the mistake of have a shrub bed rotovated. Unfortunately it contained a clump of Japanese Knotweed. So instead of one knotweed plant I suddenly had a billion. On getting advice from the neighbours I then dug up and burnt the rootball (several wheelbarrow loads) and then spent seven years applying glyphosate to knotweed shoots as they appeared. I was a dope because I didn't check whether rotovating a bed containing unknown plants was wise or not.

In your case you might have checked the product shelf a bit more, and wondered why your 5-litre bottle was "only" £20 or so, and right next to it was a much smaller bottle for twice the price.

Reply to
Tim Streater

The smallest bottles of glyphosate concentrate are typically under £10. Although if you are daft enough you can pay over £140 see:

You might be able to find a shed where they only sell prediluted weedkillers and windscreen wash - their margins are off scale that way!

Most people with any sense buy the cheapest generic concentrate with the highest ratio weight of active ingredient per unit price. This isn't always the largest bottle due to perverse retail pricing & BOGOF.

Reply to
Martin Brown

And if the shelf held only the one glyphosate product...

FFS seven years? You dope! think how much you could have saved with the (basic) power of the internet....

Even just goggling (e.g. of generic search engine BTW) would have found you several suppliers other than the EBay you feel the need to avoid...

Oh well.

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

He did say "about 20 years ago". If we take the "internet" as we know it was first online in 1993, and the UK was a bit behind the US, and Tim is not necessarily exposed to the cutting edge of the technology, then

1993-2000 is a fair timeframe without online ordering, and indeed Wikipedia.
Reply to
Jethro_uk

When I started on that (in 1994), I doubt that there *was* google - or indeed ebay. And the one bottle I bought lasted 10 years.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Been using email for at least 30 years.

I think wide area networking across Europe is reasonably cutting edge.

Reply to
Tim Streater

/ He did say "about 20 years ago". If we take the "internet" as we know it was first online in 1993, and the UK was a bit behind the US, and Tim is no t necessarily exposed to the cutting edge of the technology, then 1993-2000 is a fair timeframe without online ordering, and indeed Wikipedia./q

Amazing what passes some folk by in "about" 13 years...

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Colas have been that for decades.

Reply to
PeterC

Their "Dasani" bottled impure London tap water was more comical.

They used vast amounts of London drinking water to produce something unfit for human consumption. Spectacular launch and spectacular flop.

Modelled on Dell boys business model. YMMV

Unless things have changed one way to wind up a McD employee is to ask for a large Coke with *NO* ice in it at all. It has to go all the way up to the supervisor since they would make a loss on that sale.

Reply to
Martin Brown

I have a better way (on the *very* rare occasion I find myself there).

I order my meal (usually a plain burger). Which invariably means a wait. Of course they pour the drink immediately. When they finally produce the meal, I ask for a fresh drink, since that one has "gone flat". I don't know if this drove the change whereby they now offer to bring the food to your table ....

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I started in 1984, and have a Google reference to my name from 1987 ;)

I wasn't referring to the infrastructure, more to the commercial access to the internet. I know I was using my brothers connection in 1993 - possibly Demon ? But the initial surge of domestic ISPs was a little slow IIRC.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I always ask for no ice unless it's very hot outside. Never had a problem in McD's or Bugger King etc etc.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yeah I had dial-up at home then. But what I meant to say was that I've not worked anywhere that didn't have access to the latest technology. And indeed was deploying the latest networking technology across Europe. What's handy then, is that if you own the backbone, you just run a fibre to it from the office :-)

Reply to
Tim Streater

I think that is a bit unlikely

suggests the materials cost goes up from $0.12 to $0.27 with no ice. Might reduce the profit a bit but I doubt it would make a loss.

Reply to
news

You can buy Roundup cheaper in a Farmer store or generic glyphosphate on for example - Amazon

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Where ya bin? :-)

Jim K