Rounded-off bleed valves on radiators

I bled my radiators in my new flat the other night. Or more correctly, I let vast quantities of air out of some of them, and failed miserably on two because the valve was slightly rounded, and my valve key slips on them. Any suggestions as to what else I could use/how I can fix this short of replacing the radiator?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

A pair of long nosed pliers to get the nipple out often works, and you don't have to change the radiator, just the nipples. They're all pretty universal these days.

Reply to
BigWallop

In article , BigWallop writes

Depends if they are roll-top radiators with the bleed valves in the back, like mine. Then you have got to replace the radiator.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

In article , Tim Mitchell writes

(if you can't get it out, I meant; on "normal" radiators you can unscrew the whole bleed valve assembly and replace it)

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

But you can still remove and replace just the nipple on a rear entry rad'.

Reply to
BigWallop

In article , BigWallop writes

You can try, but usually the reason they are rounded off is that they are well and truly stuck.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell