Rounded-off bleed valves on radiators

I bled my radiators in my new flat the other night. Or more correctly, I let vast quantities of air out of some of them, and failed miserably on two because the valve was slightly rounded, and my valve key slips on them. Any suggestions as to what else I could use/how I can fix this short of replacing the radiator?
Ben

A pair of long nosed pliers to get the nipple out often works, and you don't have to change the radiator, just the nipples. They're all pretty universal these days.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

back, like mine. Then you have got to replace the radiator.
--
Tim Mitchell

the whole bleed valve assembly and replace it)
--
Tim Mitchell

But you can still remove and replace just the nipple on a rear entry rad'.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

are well and truly stuck.
--