Round door handle

What is the name for this kind of door handle?

They don't seem to be very common in the UK.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

It's called a key-in-knob lock or just a knob lock and is very common in North America. Virtually unknown in the UK except in low security office environments and small hotels.

Having said that, ERA Security do them:

you can buy em from Screwfix:

Dave Osborne

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They've been about for years. Swedish by origin. I first saw them here in the UK in the 1960s in hotels and institutional buildings. Very common. As to whether there is a name to the style, I don't know .

Clot

Thanks.

So what do they call the versions without locks in?

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

Just Door Knobs, really

Reply to
Andy Burns

They seem to call them "Mortice Passage|Privacy|Entrance Knob Set".

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

unlocked.

Reply to
Alang

In UK terms, the mechanism is a standard "tubular latch", which, via a standard square bar actuator works with all kinds of handles or knobs.

door knobs are often in the Georgian, Victorian or contemporary style.

Reply to
Dave Osborne

Handy for bathrooms - without the need to cut additional holes in the door. A spray of white grease and they won't jam

Reply to
John

I had to cut a 2 inch hole in the door to fit one of those.

Fortunately I kept the core in the toolbox and it was a simple matter to replace it with some woodfiller in the gaps

Reply to
Alang