Rough beveled edge face on Travertine cuts?

RE: Rough beveled edge face on Travertine cuts?

We are tiling the terrace and Gazebo floor with some Travertine. The Tiles come in odd shapes (a pattern) and the edges of the tiles are rough cut rustic beveled.. They are a perfect 90 degrees, but the face edge is beveled rough,

Is there any tool or technique to simulate the same rough edge bevel on the cuts we perform? If not, we might end up with some edges rough beveled and some with a razor edge. Another concern with a razor edge the risk of bodily harm. Travertine is a solid rock so one plus is that if over time the edges chip or wear it will continue to have a very natural look.

Thanks for any help or information!

Reply to
jc

If you use a high speed heavy duty disc in a tile cutter - the type with slots in it rather than the more usual plain diamond coated disc - you'll get a slightly irregular surface but a still square side.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I doubt that Travertine (being soft) would keep any razor edges for very long in this country - certainly not this August!! :>)

You could try a flap wheel disc on an angle grinder to try & replicate the bevelling? they are softer then usual 'hard' grinding discs.....

Hope it helps

Reply to
jim