Rope lights

Can anyone offer advise on assembling "cut to length" rope lights? The one I have just received from TLC has a plug in electrical connector with no advice on how far in this thing should go. I can only get it in for the length of the thin part of the prongs. It the has a thicker barbed section should this be forced in as well?

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I don't think so.

Once the power connector prongs go into the rope the connector butts up to the rope, then the connector+rope slides into the shell and is glued with stuff

At least that's what it looks like

The instructions are a wonder of cut-and-paste chinese into HTML

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Thanks Owain

I did ask TLC if they have instructions and received this reply;

"Good Afternoon Mike Many thanks for your email. We do not have any instructions to provide i am sorry to say. The Connectors need to pushed in as far as you can just so they make the connection. I do not believe you will be able to push the pins in so they are completely flush as it will be too tough."

So I didn't bother searching their website!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

If the product wasn't supplied with useful instructions it's not of satisfa ctory quality. There was a case, I think it was involving pesticide, where although the product itself was OK it wasn't supplied with clear instructio ns and the court held that the instructions were part of the product.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Very much like fittings sold to used on a gas supply. No instructions but a warning that if you don't know how to use them your are not competent to do the job. Result = item will be fitted incorrectly.

Reply to
alan_m