Room-in-roof - guinea pig?

I have just had my free attic insulation installed. Initially they said it couldn't be done because there is not room to get the insulation panels behind the sloping section. However they returned with permission to install the panels on the inside which meant covering them with plasterboard. The job took 4 days instead of 2 and was much more expensive because of that and the extra materials. The fitters had not done it before and reckon they will not be allowed to do it again. Surely I'm not the only person to have it done this way. If I am then lucky me.

Reply to
Jim S