Roofing q

What life could I expect from 3mm Onduline and 2.6mm Coroline?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The guarantee[1] is 10 years isn't it? So my rule of thumb says twice that.

Dunno.

[1] replacement material cost only, of course.
Reply to
Andy Burns

Make that 15

Andy Burns

Not very much at all unless you give it A LOT of support. It sags like the devil after a year or two.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Yup - mine's only around 7 - 8 deg. so it's a fulldeck underneath. The 15 years assumes some maintenance which, I assume, means clearing off debris a couple of times a year. Not very good cf. the asbestos cement roof on the other shed that's just about OK after 60+ years.

Reply to
PeterC

Yes, its going onto full sarking.

I should look at asbestos replacement too, I'm out of touch with the price on that.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I think you will need plywood. At least, that's what it was laid on at my parents' house. It's then tiled over, but the tiles are mostly decorative as the roof angle is too shallow for the tiles alone.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I cant imagine any problem with the current planks & felt. The corrugate can simply screw on top, dont even need to strip the felt.

Well... there is heat. I'm still occasionally wondering how to reduce heat buildup, it really needs to be usable in midsummer.

NT

Reply to
meow2222