Roofing felt split and leaking

The felt on my garage roof has cracked where it folds at the edge of the roof. I believe it is possible to patch a new piece of felt over the crack. Can anyone recommend the best "sticky stuff" to make a water proof patch without resorting to hot bitumen.

Thanks Mike

Reply to
MikeR

| The felt on my garage roof has cracked where it folds at the edge of | the roof. I believe it is possible to patch a new piece of felt over | the crack. Can anyone recommend the best "sticky stuff" to make a water | proof patch without resorting to hot bitumen.

Cold bitumen! comes in large tins, Wear old clothes.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

I did just that myself; and you can buy that gravel-textured roofing felt in rolls about 12" wide which is perfect for the job. (Both bitumen and felt were from Wickes).

David

Reply to
Lobster

Use some Flashband, a tube of silicone, or something like Acropol

dg

Reply to
dg