Roofing estimate wanted

Just a budgetary estimate needed...quotes I have received so far vary widely and I'd like the experts opinions!

How much should I be looking to pay someone to re-roof a garage? The garage is in a block and has a flat timber roof covered with felt.

The joists, planks and felt will need replacing. The garage is "normal" sized.

sPoNiX

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Roughly £70/sq metre for posh flat roof - grp layers etc. or about £40/sq metre for standard felt arrangement the last time I checked. Probably didn't include timbers though.

HTH, Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

LOL!

So roughly £750-£850 ish for a basic roof? Thanks!

I shall pass the info on.

sPoniX

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Hi,

Also look into EPDM or even some EPDM pond liner. Felt should last a long while if done properly with good materials.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

We payed double that for a carport + garage so it sounds about right for a garage alone. That was felt only, boards (if required) were about £40 + VAT per 8'x4'.

MBQ

Reply to
MBQ