roof gutters & downpipes

I live in a row of terraced houses, 2nd from the end.

The end house roof gutter drain down his own down pipe into his own drain, this down pipe being at the end of the terrace.

My house roof gutter drain into a down pipe which drains into the gutter of my bay window, travels the length of the bay window into the down pipe of my other neighbour, then into the street. Neither of us have a drain.

All the houses share a down pipe except the end houses.

It's like Niagara falls when it rains and I'm finally acting. My end neighbour has said I should block off my down pipe and lift the gutter so it drains into his down pipe, leaving just the bay to drain into my other neighbor.

I'm thinking that this will transfer the Niagara falls from my bay to his gutter? Could his gutter cope? Can anyone think of a better alternative?

Many thanks, Andy AndyPandy

Reply to
AndyPandy

Add your own downpipe

alternative?

Like I said, niether me or my neighbour on the other side has a drain. It can't be right to drain directly into the street otherwise I'd put my own down pipe. AndyPandy

Reply to
AndyPandy