Roof frame for lightweight corrugated pvc roofing

I checked on my records to find that my father-in-law died 25 years ago. The corrugated pvc (1 inch pitch) roof of the lean-to shed on the side of my garage came from his house and is therefore at least 25 years old. It's still doing OK but there does come a time !!

On the basis that it's lasted so long and another 25 years will more than comfortably see me out, I'm just going with the same again !

However the timberwork was always too light and needs replacing too. The shed is nominally 4m by 2. For this type of roofing, am I better to go with:-

  1. something like 100 x 50mm timbers as 'rafters' across the 2m width at nominally 600mm centres, without purlins,

or alternatively

  1. a couple of 125 x 50mm 'rafters' and 50 x 50mm purlins at say
500mm centres?

Many thanks for any guidance Rob

Reply to
robgraham

If I was doing it I would go with 100 x 50 purlins at 1m centers and then the rafters at 500mm centres nice and strong then.

Reply to
Housemartin