Roller blinds for velux windows

We've just fitted some new blackout blinds onto some velux windows, and want to reuse the roller blinds that were previously fitted on other windows (the same size and model number) which don't have any.

But as these blinds were fitted well before we moved in, we don't have any fitting instructions.

These are the simple cloth rollers, with a wooden rail down each side with notches in. The roller goes into two plastic fittings (already fitted on the windows we want to move them to) - one has a hollow for a pin at one end, the other a labyrinthine slot for a flange on the other end of the blind.

What we can't work out is: a) how much pre-winding we need to put in the blind, and how we do it b) how we work the flange through the maze to its final resting place.

Having seen how easy the new blinds are to fit, I'm sure this must be easy too - but I can't work it out.

Has anyone done this recently, or have the instructions to hand to scan and mail?

Reply to
Nick Atty