rockwool - which way is up?

I have several rockwool panels to fit in a loft space. Each has a "solid" side and a "wooly" side. Just to ask - which face is up? thx.

Reply to
jake

Are these any help:

John Rumm

jake wrote: > I have several rockwool panels to fit in a loft space. Each has a > "solid" side and a "wooly" side. Just to ask - which face is up? thx.

I've been learning about house insulation for over a year now, and i think the answer is:

To stop condensation in insulation the vapour barrier should always be on the warm side.

so assuming your solid side is the vapour barrier it should be the lower side in the attic and the upper side in a cellar ceiling and the inside on a wall.

Unless you live in florida and have central heating when it should be the other way round in summer!

[g]
Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

air conditioning